Thursday, September 16, 2010

We're in Denver!

A quick flight from Oakland and the Lumberjack & I are in Denver. SO EXCITED.

Last June, I bought the LJ a ticket to GABF for his birthday, since he had been talking for as long as I'd known him about how badly he'd always wanted to go. I was excited about taking a trip, and thought the festival itself would probably be okay. If only I had known!

GABF is awesome. Unlike a lot of other festivals I've been to, it's not dominated by douchebags. There was water everywhere, and a lot of the brewers were present and happy to chat (briefly). I think GABF played a big part in my craft beer passion, so I'm thrilled to be going back - and this time, I have a year of knowledge/experience more.

Being the Virgo that I am, I printed out the festival map and list of brewers, so on the plane we mapped out our plan of attack. Like last year, we're leaving out the Pacific region, since we can get all that at home. Last year we hit everything we wanted with about 5 minutes to spare, so it was good that we skipped the Pacific!
I also printed out tons of maps of our area, and walking directions to all the stores, breweries, and museums we want to visit.

Today we'll be lunching at the Falling Rock. Yay Denver!

No comments:

Post a Comment